|Established Year||: 1956|
|Address||: Holy Family Clarist Convent Kattappana P.O Idukki Dt.|
Holy Family Clarist Convent was established at Kattappana on 21st July 1956 at the request of mar Mathew kavukatt the Bishop of Changanaseery who considered kattappana as a missin region and wanted to take care of the educational and spiritual needs of the people especially the children.The convent was blessed by Rev. Fr.Alexander Vayalunkal.In 1961 a new house was built for the sisters and it was inaugrated on 14/09/1961. At present a workig women's hostel, a BalikaBhavan for the care of poor girls and an Enghlish Medium Nursery school are there under the supervision of the sisters.The sisters are engaged in teaching and spiritual and social welfare activities.