|Established Year||: 1957|
|Address||: St.Antony's Clarist Convent Kanchiyar P.O Idukki Dt.|
In 1957,when Mar Mathew Kavukattu, the Bishop of Changanassery, visited Kanchiyar the parishioners spoke to him about the great need of a convent in the parish for the educational, spiritual and moral formation of the children. The Bishop agreed and a house was built near the Church for the sisters with the help of the parishioners. On 17th October 1957 it was blessed and sisters started staying there. In 1976, yielding to the demands of the parishioners, a nursery school named Kavukattu Memorial Nursery school was opened quite close to the convent. At present the sisters are involved in teaching, Parish work, family prayer fellowships and various social welfare activities. The convent is an abode of hope to the people of the village irrespective of caste, creed or religion.