|Established Year||: 1949|
|Address||: St.Joseph's Clarist Convent Erumely P.O Kottayam Dt|
Fr. Kuruvila Kallarackel had been managing a middle school at Erumely in Kottayam District and the people of the locality desired the presence and service of the sisters in the school. Four teaching posts at St. Thomas Middle School could be offered to the sisters andthey started staying in a building in Kudukkavally estate owned by the diocese and on 3rd May 1949 a convent was establishedthere. On 16th August 1952 the community was shifted to the newly built convent at Erumely which was blessed by Mar Mathew Kavukkattu, the Bishop of Chenganaserry. In 1970 a nursery school and AKM social welfare centre were started.In 1974 Nirmala English medium school was also started and in 1998 Jeevan Jyothy Special school was opened. Beside teaching in there schools, sisters are active in all the services of te parish and other social welfare programmes which made the FCC Erumely an essential part of the whole area a place of religious harmony.